Overcoming Unconscious Bias
Have you been wondering how to address race and social injustice issues in your classroom? You should take Overcoming Unconscious Bias. Teachers everywhere are saying, "I've always been nervous to talk about race and now I have some solid ideas to take back!" "This class is powerful!"
In this 3 semester course students will:
* Explore systemic racial inequities in the community, schools and classroom practice
* Reflect on their own bias and identity ways to eliminate bias
* Examine white privilege and systemic inequities
* Study social emotional learning and learn to leverage it as a tool for equity
* Identify strategies to explore power, discrimination, equity and race in the classroom
Recent civil unrest has made it very clear that we can no longer ignore issues of race with our students.
Optional: Adams State University Credit
*Optional Adams State University credit after the class ends (additional $165).
Schoology course code is emailed after payment.
ASU Adjunct Professor: Marie McKenzie
"Authentic, relevant, and timely information. I LOVED this course!!"
"This teacher provided a meaningful, well thought out program to help me as a student challenge myself on a difficult topic. This was a phenomenal class!"
"The material and the feedback felt personal and helped me to grow throughout the course."